- link to the person that tagged you,
- post the rules on your blog,
- share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself,
- tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to this blog, and
- let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Now here's six random things about me that some out in the blogosphere may find mildly interesting:
- I shared a shower stall with Steve Hamilton, relief pitcher for the New York Yankees for many years--well not literally. Throughout my college years I lived with the Hamiltons as a nanny/mother's helper/starving student who wouldn't leave a good thing once she found it. Steve was athletic director and baseball coach at my college in the off season. At the end of the school year Steve's wife Shirl and I loaded the kids in the station wagon and joined him in the New York City 'burbs close to Yankee Stadium for the summer. About the shower stall: we lived in a very small house with six people and one bathroom so Steve and I had to use the basement shower by the sump drain.
- I've watched every Republican and Democratic presidential debate this year. I even rate the candidates' performances. For example: at last night's Republican debate in Boca Raton, FL I gave Romney a "competent", McCain "stiff/angry", Giuliani "shallow", Paul "frustrated", and Huckabee "not serious". I also keep a U.S. map of winners for state primaries and caucuses. In case there's a question about my obsession, I also have a running list of the number of delegates each candidate has won.
- I once slept out on the street all night in a ticket line to buy tickets for a Neil Diamond concert--are you figuring out just how old I am?
- I once dated a socially awkward accountant who won a Publisher's Clearinghouse promptness (he was an accountant!) prize of $2,700. Accepted his invitation to travel with him to New York for the Publisher's Clearinghouse publicity tour and prize ceremony. Somehow I never felt the same about SAA after he came down in the lobby of the Plaza Hotel with tie in hand and asked one of the other men to help him with his tie. PC is the real deal though, so don't throw away those entrance forms. But don't count on them for your retirement funds either.
- I never met a reality show that I didn't love--Amazing Race, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Project Runway, Top Chef to name a few. I keep weekly stats on who's winning and losing. Okay, I'll even admit to watching The Bachelor. Yes, I should get help.
- I read most magazines from back to front because I love the "last words" in most of them. I also read the editor's column in every magazine. Like to see what they promise to deliver that month.
With apologies to Linda, I won't be able to complete the last two tasks in the meme. I've only been blogging since last May and haven't built enough readership to feel comfortable with tagging six other bloggers. Hey, I'm from the south, but still don't hit on strangers! However, if this little exercise in self-revelation appeals, we'd love to have you share your "Six Randoms." Just link to this post and we'll come looking for you.