About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fun Monday - Shoe Fetishes

So, this is the second week in Mariposa's attempt to revive Fun Monday. She's hosting all through August and has posted topics for each week at Mariposa Tales . Topic for August 2 is: all time favorite shoes.


Well, I like shoes a whole lot although you couldn't tell from my closet lineup of basic blacks which I've had since I was a working girl. I'll keep wearing what I have because it seems such a waste to buy new shoes when these are perfectly okay, although not very exciting. Last night (pretty sad for Saturday night, huh?)I checked out the new fall styles at Zappo's online. Here's what I'd buy just for fun if money and common sense were no object:
Flip flops -- love, love, love flip flops. Wear them every day at home no matter the season. About this time of the year I make sure to have a few pair squirreled away for the winter as well. Hot feet. . .

Really fine leather loafers are my choice of about town shoes that you slip on hurriedly as you head out the door--no buckles, bows, or contrast stitching though:

I'd chose these Eccos for more strenuous walking or long hours on my feet. And definitely if I were traveling, I'd wear these instead of white sneakers/tennis shoes, the fashion suicide of every American tourist:

Finally, about this time of the year there's need of a "culsha" outfit--something fashionable, dressy but comfortable and easy, for play, concert and dinner out season which opens in September (with The Kite Runner at Actor's Theater--I'm excited about this one). These little Naot bootlets would be great with a long skirt or pants and are very edgy, don't you think?

So, there you have my ideas for great shoes for any occasion. I'll check in with Maraposa on Monday to see what shoe fetishes you other Fun Mondayers have.

8 comments:

Gattina said...

I can't wear these flip flops the string which goes through the toes hurts me and it's not comfortable at all, lol !

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Love the flip flops...though i have to admit i only started wearing them late last year...reason? Ha, the string tickles the in-between of my toes like crazy! LOL

You have good taste! ;)

Jan n Jer said...

Hi Faye...you picked some very basic shoes for your closet. I did not know that about white sneakers being a no no in other countries. I mostly wear flip flops with a nice thicker sole or either nike..new balance or reebok sneaks for working out. For winter..I choose clogs...
Have a great week!

joanygee said...

Some of my shoes date from work days and haven't been thrown out yet because they have some wear left in them.
Those Eccos shoes look tempting and the bootlets. Wonder if I might find similar over here,

Sayre said...

Ooo... I need to check out a pair of Eccos! I think they're attractive and they look VERY comfortable, which is the most important thing to me these days!

I'm down to three pairs of shoes these days... running shoes, flip flops and tevas.

Living Life said...

I too am a HUGE fan of flip flops! I have a huge basket filled with flip flops in every color! But in the Fall/Winter months I have a variety of black and brown shoes and not much color at all.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I wear heels all day at work, though now I work in a place where people dress down, I really don't need to. The rest of the time I wear one of my countless pairs of flip flops. I love them and have them in so many colours.

laurie said...

i have a pair of slip-on birkies with sparkly straps across the toes. my favorites.but mostly i need solid sturdy shoes that will accommodate orthotics. ick.