About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Snapshot 1

Found these red jewels when Chet and I were on our first "looking for signs of fall" walk earlier this week. My naturalist cousin thinks they're honeysuckle bush berries. I agree after remembering that the same bushes were filled with sweet smelling yellow and white flowers this summer.

Have you spotted signs of fall yet?

6 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely photo of the berries! I am deliberately NOT looking for signs of fall - I am not in a hurry! I still want to enjoy summer weather for a while yet. Oh well...I guess it is going to come whether I look or not!

Sayre said...

They look like they should be on top of ice cream!

Jan n Jer said...

Are they edible?? Nice shot Faye. Yep..we are seeing some fall colors already, some of my mums started blooming way too early this year.

TexWisGirl said...

i like the row going off into the distance. :)

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

They look good enough to eat!

Hootin Anni said...

'red jewels'....love that reference!!!