About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Good Photos Challenge Day 9 - Someone You Love

30 Day Good Photos Challenge, Day 9 Subject - Someone You Love

No challenge at all for this photo. It has to be of Willie, my good old dog. He's 15 years old, a good eater and walker, doesn't hear much, pants like an obscene phone caller, and shows signs of dementia. The postman calls him Lumpy. I call him Dear.

Announcement from Willie: on the advice of my Agent I am calling a halt to the Servant/Paparazzi's constant posting of my photos all over blogs and Facebook. He fears that I am becoming over-exposed. You know, kind of like a canine Kim Kardashian. . .

3 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

I knew you were going to say Willie before I even pulled up your blog to see! Soooo Willie doesnt like you spending so much time blogging and posting photos! Please tell him that I am enjoying my visits here!

Living Life said...

Well hello Willie! So good to see you again, my furry friend! I have not seen too many photos of you lately and I must say you are still looking fine!

diana said...

I am so glad Willie is holding strong in this awful hot weather. Sadly, we lost our dear Daisy dog last Friday. She started having seizures at three a. m. and continued until we could get her to the vet. He was concerned that the length and intensity of the seizures would leave some residual damage, so we decided to let her go. It was sad, but we were relieved to see the seizure activity subside and to see her at peace. We had her gentle, happy company for fifteen and a half years. She was our sweet little girl.