About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Best of 2013- March Photography - Fraidy Dog

 
Chet here, folks -- Happy New Year from me and the Roommate.  We almost didn't make it under the wire with our greeting because we're having DSL/internet problems AGAIN.  Luckily the red light stopped blinking long enough for us to send out best wishes for 2014 to all our blog friends.  You all are GEMS!
 
The Roommate chose these photos of me in my literary thunder shirt as her favorite photography subject for March 2013.  Personally, I thought there were better photos of me, but she does the picking since they're her photos.  Anyhoo!  The back story here is that when I was just a little more than a year old (March 2013) I suddenly lost all my happy-go-lucky Chetness and started being afraid of loud noises and flashes.  We tried me wearing this thunder shirt, but it didn't work.  Now when the sky turns the least bit grey the Roommate gives me a little green pill.  Still haven't figured out why she likes to call me Lindsay Lohan. . .

4 comments:

Brian King said...

LOL! Poor Chet. As long as it's not a red pill you'll be fine!

Jan n Jer said...

My wish for Chet is find his courage and get off the Green pill!!!!!!

Darren Demers said...

if you looking for the best style designer kurta pajama for men online then the famous e-commerce plateform by the name of Faisalabadfabricstore.com is wonderful ecommerce store to buy the stitched shalwar kameez
cotton kurta pajama for mens online , kurta and pajama for mens , buy online mens kurta pajama

Darren Demers said...

The Roommate chose these photos of me in my literary thunder shirt as her favorite photography subject for March 2013. Personally, I thought there were better photos of me, but she does the picking since they're her photos. sewing factory , sewing of ladies suits , sewing expert , sewing factory near me , lawn suits , pakistani lawn suits , pakistani lawn , buy pakistani lawn suits online , pakistani lawn suits online , pakistani lawn suits online sale Anyhoo! The back story here is that when I was just a little more than a year old (March 2013) I suddenly lost all my happy-go-lucky Chetness and started being afraid of loud noises and flashes. We tried me wearing this thunder shirt, but it didn't work. Now when the sky turns the least bit grey the Roommate gives me a little green pill. Still haven't figured out why she likes to call me Lindsay Lohan.