About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Fun Monday - Ok Go's This Too Shall Pass

The Fun Monday challenge for January 17 is to get up and dance! Or, at least share the music link that makes you want to dance. Ari continues her hosting duties for January at Prawn of Fate . I first thought about the great Bob Marley's "One Love", but decided to go with Ok Go'sThis Too Shall Pass. Same upbeat, hopeful message, marching bands in a swamp a bit crazy but fun to watch:



When the morning comes
When the morning comes
When the morning comes

Let it go now
This too shall pass
When the morning comes!


Not a bad way to start the week off, wouldn't you say? BTW, if you enjoy marching band Ok Go, check out their other zaney videos like dogs on treadmills.

6 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

How fun...I loved it Faye. Marching bands give me chills when I watch them,such precision. Will have to turn my grands onto this video. Happy FM

Molly said...

Faye, you have selected an interesting tune from a band with an interesting name. :)

Swampwitch said...

Makes this Swampwitch want to dance in the Swamp.
Love the sound of a marching band. Brings back memories of pep rallies and football games.
Swampy
http://anecdotes.typepad.com

I can't sign in with my Typepad account, so the link takes you to my old glob at Blogger.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Great fun.

Sayre said...

so cool!!!! Marching bands go cool. I'm kind of hoping my son will get involved in one. He's not an athlete or terribly social, but he's smart and has musical ability and I think he'd love it - especilly after seeing somthing like that!

Living Life said...

That is the craziest but most entertaining video I've ever seen! LOL!!

BTW, Bob Marley definitely maks me wanna get up and dance!!

Have a good week Faye!