About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Watery Wednesday - March in Ireland

Sl'ainte!

Getting a head start with Watery Wednesdays and Friday Fences in Ireland, two photo memes that many of you participate in. For the entire month of March, when all of us claim to be a little bit Irish, I'll be sharing photos from a 1998 garden tour of southwestern Ireland.

This white cottage with dry stone wall is in Bray, County Wicklow. Photo was was taken with a 35mm and not the greatest, but the water and fences were there so I did a little photoshop edits to give it a painterly effect.


Want to see some more "watery" photography? Click here for the players.

16 comments:

Judy said...

Looks heavenly! Even a rainbow!!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful view!

My Watery entry

TexWisGirl said...

looks like a picture puzzle.

Leovi said...

Wonderful photo with a beautiful rainbow, I like this landscape.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my....a dream of mine. To be in Ireland in the Spring...must be part of heaven.

My Wednesday Post is: BOB HALL PIER on North Padre Island

Living Life said...

I LOVE it Faye! It truly looks like a Monet!! I would so love to go to Ireland one day. Can't believe tomorrow is March 1st already!

Jan n Jer said...

How beautiful this is...I love the paint edits Faye!

George said...

I think you captured the spirit of Ireland perfectly with this image.

Birgitta said...

Great work!

So you have seen ”The Girl with Dragon Tattoo"...I have only seen the Swedish original movie.

http://blogg.birgittasplace.com/

Faye said...

Birgitta- the Swedish version of "Girl w Dragon Tattoo" is the best, although I did like the U.S. version too.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely photo ~ do I see a rainbow in there? ~namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) linked w/Watery Wed

Shirley said...

You have such a charming blog. How did I not come across it before? I look forward to more installations of March in Ireland.

Thanks for visiting my part of the world's Watery Wednesday.

Kim, USA said...

Is that how Ireland looks like in March it's perfection! Thanks for the visit.

The Beach

kayerj said...

I love that picture. I'm looking forward to your photo's from Ireland.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Great effect you've used in postprocessing, Faye. Looks like a pastel drawing.

NatureFootstep said...

It lokks great Faye, I like waht you made of that gorgeous place. :)