About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Autumn Photo Challenge, Day 9 - "Early Fall Landscapes"

In Kentucky we haven't had the first cool weather to start the changes in leaf colors--at least until this weekend. Still, when you look closely there are promises of autumn color and texture in the landscape: Here, the camera picked up only a hint of fall color:



And then, voila! With a little photoshop magic, there's even more signs of fall. Although, I'm not sure I've even seen this shade of blue in the sky. I think it works though, in a painterly way:


If you'd like to participate in the Two Weeks in Autumn Photo Challenge--and I hope you do--it's simple. Just grab your camera and take a photo of your interpretation of the day's subject. Post on your blog and then leave me a comment so I can visit you and include your link on the player's list below. Also, since some of the photo subjects may take a bit of planning thought I'd give you a few of them ahead of time.

October 2, Day 10 Subject - "Nature Closeups"

October 3, Day 11 Subject - "Autumn Sunlight"


October 4, Day 12 Subject - "Autumn Walk"

October 5, Day 13 Subject - "Fall Colors"

October 6, Day 14 Subject (the end of 2 Weeks in Autumn Photo Challenge--thanks for playing and visiting) - "Your Favorite Early Autumn Photo"
______________________
Here are today's possible players:

Pamela @ The Dust Will Wait
Janis @ As Jan Sees It
Joangee @ Musings n Waffle

1 comment:

Jan n Jer said...

I love that first on Faye...looking at that old house or structure in the background. Nice edits too. FYI..to answer your question on my blog. I was shooting those pics between 7 n 8pm.