For the past two months I've been answering these questions. I've checked out hundreds of blogs, going back to the ones that I really enjoy and admire--mostly it's the writing that gets me. I also signed on to several "how to" blogging sites--FYI, stay-at-home moms rule in this area! I even bought and am reading Blogging for Dummies just to understand the lingo and technical side of the blogosphere. Topic aside: are any of you, like me, mildly offended by these books? I may not know how to blog, but I'm NOT a dummy!
So, to the title of this post. Blog "I dos", or promises, to both readers and myself are to:
- post regularly--not daily maybe--but at least 4-5 times weekly;
- post shorter pieces, paragraphs, and sentences if I can do it--unfortunately, more is more in my view, but I'll try to remember that reading this blog MAY not be all people have to do;
- write about big deals and nothings, attempting to always keep a balance;
- never whine or rant--opine certainly--but not take these easy ways out to communicate;
- respect and appreciate my readers--I'll never slam your views and opinions--maybe give you a little "goose-pinch" but never 'dis you.
Well, these guidelines pretty much set the stage for the "Summit Musings" fall surge. I hope you all like reading this stuff as much as I enjoy writing it. And, if there's more "I dos" that need to be considered, just send them on.