- put away those white sandals--Tim Gunn on Bravo's Guide to Style may have relaxed his rules about wearing white after Labor Day, but I'm not there yet;
- call a young handyman god to clean out the gutters--I was willing to do this chore myself, but Paula Bunyan here took a high tumble off a ladder nearly breaking an elbow trying to trim trees (thanks American Journal of Sports Medicine for your un-timely post-accident recommendation that old people need to do regular balancing exercises);
- clear the TV viewing calendar for the fall reality shows--in case you're not up to date, the season openers are Tim Gunn's Guide to Style 9/6, The Dog Whisperer 9/7, Biggest Loser 9/11, America's Next Top Model 9/19, Survivor China 9/20, Dancing with the Tarts and The Bachelor 9/24;
- shop for an all-purpose culsha outfit--after the summer's entertainment drought, the new season begins in September with the KY Opera's performance of Puccini's Turandot and Actor's Theater Fire on the Mountain about the plight of mountain coal miners. . .how timely;
- rig up my master mixed media campaign monitoring system for the state governor's and then '08 presidential races--first proof of authenticity gets my vote!
How lucky we are to have two opportunities for new beginnings--both January and September. Happy Half Year to you all.