My, how the month flies by when you're hosting Fun Mondays! This is the last week of hosting duties for me. Thanks to everyone who has played the game in October. Julie at Another Chance Ranch takes the reins (get it?) for November. Jill at Life is Not Bubble Wrapped will do the honors in December.
October 25 Topic: Let's celebrate Halloween and the pleasures of dressing up by sharing a costume or character that you'd most enjoying being for a day. If you were going to a Halloween--or other costume--party, who or what would you like to be? Now don't everyone pick Lady Gaga. Or, if you want to share photos of your resident small goblins, that's great too.
Here's my choice:
Yes, I would love to be Ziva David, former Israeli Mossad agent and current special agent on NCIS. Ziva is a warrior who looks great in cargo pants and an NCIS cap. And she more than holds her own with other members of the NCIS team headed by straight arrow Jethro Gibbs, Italian stallion wannabe Anthony DiNozzo, and tech geek Timothy McGee. Ziva is ruthless at her job, but is famous for misusing or mangling American slang. Here are a few favorites:
Ziva as an assassin
DiNozzo: (about Ziva hitting his abdomen) Do it.
McGee: As hard as she can?
DiNozzo: As hard as you can.
McGee: You know that's how Houdini died.
DiNozzo: Ziva, did you kill Houdini?
Ziva: It is possible. I do not remember all their names.
McGee: All right, then we'll flip for it.
Ziva: If I flip you, you will get hurt.
Abby: Want to talk knives?
And her ongoing threat for DiNozzo-- Ziva: Tony, I will hurt you.
And then the American slang mixups:
McGee: There goes the dream of a house with a picket fence.
Ziva: A picket fence would provide neither privacy nor security.
Ziva: (commenting on Director Shepard's new haircut) I see she went for the elf cut.
DiNozzo: It's called the pixie.
Ducky: I think she looks great.
So, the character I would most enjoy being for a day is Ziva the Israeli Warrior Princess. Here's the list of players who have signed up so far. As usual, if you need your name added to the list, just let me know and I'll update. The more, the scarier!
1. Joangee - Musings n Waffle
2. Sayre - Sayre Smiles
3. Julie - Another Chance Ranch
4. Janis - Life According to Jan and Jer
5. Ari_1965 - Prawn of Fate
6. Jill - Life is Not Bubble Wrapped
7. Church Lady -Living Life in PA
8. Cynical Girl -Cynical Girl
Happy Halloween and be sure to pass out plenty chocolate to all the goblins that come calling.
- Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.