About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Willie Voted, Then Insisted on a Shower

Today is election day in Kentucky. We're voting for governor and other cabinet officials. Here Willie is at his voting precinct getting ready to do his civic duty. His new BFF is a University of Kentucky Wildcats fan we know. Not sure how he planned to vote. Willie is too polite to talk politics with someone he just met.

Immediately after voting Willie insisted on stopping at Feeder's Supply for a shower:

It has been that kind of a campaign--lackluster and lacking in vision and focus on both sides. Petty. And to think that today is the official start of the 2012 U.S. Presidential campaign. I look at our options so far and long for Hillary. However, she would need to get her good hairstyle back and get her eyebrows re-shaped. Neither is good. :-) I still think she would have made a strong President.

Meanwhile, I'm going to start studying my Constitution--I think there will be many attempts to mess with it in this election cycle.

2 comments:

Sayre said...

I wish for Hillary too... No one appeals to me (unfortunately, including Obama). I hope someone appears on the horizon.

Jan n Jer said...

It should be a very interesting election next year. So far I am not impressed~! Pretty sad! WE had our township elections today also. I wanted Jer to run..but he wouldn't do it!