About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Macro Monday - Mumpalooza!


Our neighborhood fruit and vegetable market has a great display of mums--all shapes, colors, and varieties--for the first of the fall season.  It was hard to choose a favorite so will show you some of the best of each color family.

I said no favorite, but this coral pink may be it:


Their white was the classic cream with butter colored centers:


The oranges ranged from orange-yellow blends to pure mid-orange and pale shades:


The yellow option was bright without any other shading:


The pinks ranged from a pale "cupcake" pink to bright yellow-centered to classic mum form in shimmering rose:

If you're in a rut with the mums you choose each fall, a visit to Paul's Fruit and Vegetable Market may change your mind this season! 

For more closeups from all over, or to enter your own macros, be sure to check out Lisa's Chaos here every Monday.

 

18 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Sounds like my kind of place to visit..with camera in hand. It is hard to choose a color..they are all so gorgeous and vibrant. Nice shots Faye!

carol l mckenna said...

Excellent photography ~ Wow! Such colors! ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What beautiful eye candy those mums are!

TexWisGirl said...

all very pretty.

EMily said...

Mummapalooza is about right!

EMily said...

Mummapalooza is about right!

Sayre said...

Mums say fall to me!!! Those are just gorgeous!

Kim, USA said...

I would love them all! My mums that I planted last year came back this year and I was so happy. They are not cheap I'd tell you hehehe.

Kim,USA

NatureFootstep said...

so many great flowers. :)

Blo-Ma is up tomorrow :)

Re New Zeeland, did you see it on FB? It was some years back and is not on my travel blog yet. I´m still busy with the present. Am going away soon again. :)

Leovi said...

That beautiful, beautiful photos with these delicious flowers, I like the colors. A greeting.

George said...

Thanks for sharing all these beautiful mums with us. No wonder you couldn't pick a favorite.

Janice said...

So many wondeful mums; you have captured the spirit of autumn in all its glory.

Mary said...

Wow that is gorgeous. A very great camera moment..hooray for pictures.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

The mums are gorgeous, Faye. I love ALL of them --and couldn't EVER pick a favorite color. I love all of the colors of Fall. Great set of photos.

Cold here this week. We have been enjoying a fire in the fireplace all week... Love it!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Lane Mathias said...

What a feast for the eyes. And probably the nose the nose too.

A Colorful World said...

I LOVE Fall mums! beautiful group of themB

Anonymous said...

Hi Faye, I have enjoyed your posts this a.m. The horse farm is gorgeous and oh, how I love the colors of Autumn. Enjoy the weekend. Mildred

Anonymous said...

Faye,
I sure did enjoy all you took.

Love that farm the horse farm. Oh, boy.

What a delight of my eyes to look

at today.