About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Friday Fences - Fall on a Kentucky Horse Farm


Spotted this classic black farm fencing highlighted by rows of blazing red fall color on a drive out in the countryside this afternoon.  What a striking combination with the white farm buildings.

Now for more Friday Fences go to our host Janis' site at Life According to Jan and Jer .

11 comments:

Carletta said...

Wow!
That would certainly be a lovely sight to come home to every day.
The red pops against that sky and highlights the dark fencing. Love how it all looks in pristine shape.

Jan n Jer said...

Love the deep reds...so beautiful!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

The black fence really sets off those beautiful red trees!

Brian King said...

Love the fencing and the red trees are gorgeous!

NatureFootstep said...

wow, that looks very neat and tidy. No weed to find anywhere. And here we drown in it. :(

You are right, I never go anywhere without at least one camera.

I had trouble to find the commentbox today. I had to highlight you blog to find it. Have you changed any settings? :(

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Wow! You have found a lot more color in KY than I have so far. We took a couple of drives last week. I did post some pics. EnJOYed all of your recent posts as well.

Revrunner said...

Reminds me of the car commercial were the salesman says "This is a car with many buttons!" Well, yours is a farm with many fences. :-)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love the black fence --but what caught my attention was the beautiful trees. Gorgeous!!!

Hope you have a good weekend/week.
Hugs,
Betsy

My name is Riet said...

Wow, great fences and those trees are beautiful.That red stands out . Hope you don't mind me saying but I couldn't read the red letters on the brown background.I couldn't find the comment area so I had to touch every letter. Have a nice weekend

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very beautiful Fall pics!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful photography ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^