About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Good Photos Challenge Day 30 - Night Sky



30 Day Good Photos Challenge, Day 30 Subject - Night Sky

Around dark this evening a fierce rainstorm blew through the area. After things calmed down, I happened to look out and saw this lovely full moon that was shaded for a few minutes by dark clouds. Here are two of my best shots of the night sky.

The 30 days of this photos challenge have flown by. I have enjoyed looking at my world each day to find the daily subject and, along the way, learn some new photography techniques. I'm anxious to get back to writing posts here, but will do some more photo challenges in September.

4 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Love those pictures.

I took some of our full moon the other night too, but they were not nearly as dramatic as yours.

Jan n Jer said...

Wow Faye...just stunning...did you use a tripod??? We have had several full moons this week and I kept thinking..I should get a shot of that beautiful moon..too lazy!!!

Faye said...

Debs & Janis - noticed some beautiful full moons this past week, but the dark clouds made last night's so dramatic. I have a small portable tripod, but haven't figured out how to use it yet--next month?

Sayre said...

I've enjoyed your photo journey too! Do you feel ready for your trip now? You seem to have made some real progress - in ability and confidence - since you started THIS journey!