About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Fences -in County Clare

This month I'm featuring fences of Ireland like this wonderful red picket--and bonus thatched roof cottage in County Clare. This photo was taken by my late friend Lydia Wells on her '09 trip to the Emerald Isle.

For more fences from all over go to Life According to Jan and Jer for a list of players.

16 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

beautiful and a nice tribute to your friend :)

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what great travels you take. so gorgeous. i find beautiful in the most simple things & just love your work. (:

Living Life said...

I love seeing photos from your Ireland trip. Lydia would be proud that you featured one of her's on your blog today! The thatch roofed house behind the red picket fence is so neat! Did you get to go inside the house?

Jan n Jer said...

OMG...Love Love this shot Faye! The red fence n thatched roof are just awesome! Can you Say Quaint!!!

Sayre said...

I love those fences, and stone walls and blue doors that dot the British Isles!

Rose said...

Oh, now this is a lovely fence...like that cottage, too.

Kathy said...

Such a beautiful little cottage!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful cottage and fence.

Regards and best wishes

Carletta said...

This is the quientessential Ireland image!
I love it!

My name is Riet said...

Your photo's are beautiful, love this cottage and fence. Love all cottages. I am going to follow you.

Nancy said...

We watched Immortal Beloved last night -- marvelous movie about Beethoven -- and saw many old homes with thatched roofs that I think are just amazing.

Love this photo and feel sad about your friend for some reason that she is no longer able to view such sights. But such is life. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Oh, the red picket fence and the thatched rooms are beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by my post. The ramp is a loading shoot used to load or unload animals from the barn.

Bev said...

What a quaint building...and love the red fence!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Thatched roof and red fence--both lovely!

Fence Song

A Colorful World said...

What a great fence, and I love its color! I have a soft spot for Ireland, too. :-) Thanks for your comment on my copper fence!

MarieElizabeth said...

I know it was a fence shot, but I want to live in that house!! Seriously, after visiting Ireland I'm pretty sure that I will retire in a cottage somewhere. (okay, I have a few decades before that, but no harm in planning ahead!)