About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Barn Charm - in Pen and Ink & Watercolor




~ click on collage to enlarge ~

A different take on Barn Charm this week - I bought this pen and ink drawing with watercolor wash by Kentucky artist Robert S. McCorrum several years ago at the Kentucky Crafted Market.  Looking at it recently thinking about how to frame it and was reminded of how much much I love this style of drawing/painting.

Here are a few full photos so you can really appreciate the great detail:






11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

very, very cool. beautiful work.

Nell at njschout said...

Good post! : )

Rose said...

I really, really like this. Beautiful.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

awesome work. that is great. i will have to check to see if he is online. would love to read more about him.

thanks for sharing. enjoy those views. ( :

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Simply fabulous!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Nice work! I really like the whole view.

Brian King said...

That's beautiful! I can see why you bought it!

NatureFootstep said...

beautifully done. Looks like the "old fashioned" paintings. Sometimes I miss them nowadays. PS is fun, but it can be too much.

Anonymous said...

So cool & oh so beautiful, Faye!
Thank you for joining =)

Susie Vereker said...

What a lovely drawing, Faye. I definitely covet it!

A Colorful World said...

I love it, Faye! What a great Barn Charm post!