About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Fences - Willows Say Spring



A sure sign of spring - the willow tree in the park is soft green, almost leaving (leafing?) out.  And there's just enough fence in this photo to qualify for Friday Fences, I hope. Since our host Janis at Life According to Jan and Jer is so fond of wagon wheels, maybe she'll let me pass this week. :-)

14 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a charming scene - I love the fence, the wagon wheel and the lovely Weeping Willow - spring at last.

Carletta said...

The wagon wheel is a big bonus!
I saw a weeping willow yesterday beside a weeping cheery tree. The cherry was in full bloom and the light green of the willow leaves were lovely together.
I can imagine a little girl in long dress and sunbonnet sitting under this willow. :)

Brian King said...

Nice scene! The wagon wheel is awesome! My grandparents had a willow in their yard and I used to love playing under it as a kid.

Tanya Breese said...

i think any tiny bit of fencery qualifies...love this, willows are my favorite!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i've always enjoyed willow trees - they are so mighty & strong. really like them. great shot. ( :

genie said...

You can't help but love those weeping willows as their leaves are popping out. They are heavenly. The little white fencing off to the left with the old wagon wheel is so vintage looking and adds such a lovely touch to the capture. genie

Liz Needle said...

Lovely Spring shot. So nice after all the snowy scenes we've seen this year from the States

Jan n Jer said...

Nice country shot Faye..love you included the wagon wheel against the fence too!

TexWisGirl said...

that's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

i've always wanted a weeping willow in my yard, they're just so beautiful... and they ARE one of the 1st signs of spring. there's one near my work & i love passing it every day. =)))

Betsy said...

I like the fence and wagon wheel.
I have a weeping willow planted near the creek. I heard the roots can run several 10's of feet. I hope it doesn't decide to run for the house, as with some I have heard can cause lots of problems. They are beautiful. Pretty picture you have posted.
betsy

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Beautiful picture. I always think Weeping Willows look so graceful.

A Colorful World said...

Oh yes! How gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures speak a thousand words. That barn.