About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mosaic and Macro Monday - Kentucky Horses


~ click on mosaic to enlarge ~

Here are some up close and personal shots of some very friendly horses at a riding stable in eastern Jefferson County, a short drive from Louisville.  The spotted pony was especially photogenic:



And how about this handsome horse's rear?  Not something you expect to say very often!


And here the wind makes for a really bad hair day:
]

Linking to: Macro Monday and Mosaic Monday

14 comments:

Brian King said...

What handsome horses! Love that pattern!

TexWisGirl said...

they're all beauties.

carol l mckenna said...

Love them all ~ beautiful horses and excellent photography ^_^

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohh how I love horse photos - these seemed so friendly.

Jan n Jer said...

LOL...love that butt shot!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Handsome horses!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The spotted horse has nice colouring.

Lea said...

Bad hair day has me laughing!
Thanks!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Carletta said...

Nice to see some of the horses that go with those Kentucky barns. :)
Loved both 'rear' and 'bad hair day.'

eileeninmd said...

I love the horses, they are all very pretty. But, I especially love the spotted horse. Great shots.

Unknown said...

Beautiful horses!

Lola said...

Superb photography – great shots!

Wish my bad hair days were as good as that!

PS Have some horse shots over at my place too!

Visiting from Macro Monday

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great photos of the horses. I love the bad hair day and the rear end shots.

George said...

I no longer haw enough hair on my head to worry about windy days. I do, however, like your Kentucky horses.