About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Fences - Old Stink Eye




What could this be staring at the photographer between the fence pickets?


While she got the stink eye, here's what the photographer was trying to capture: an all-time favorite spring combo of lilacs blooms and Japanese bloodgood maple leaves.

Edits:  PicMonkey special effect Dark Edge.  Linking to Friday Fences at Life According to Jan and Jer .

11 comments:

Carletta said...

Ahhh....cute....
Love the lilacs! I have a white bush that isn't blooming much.
You will never guess but today I found a lilac bush like this one on my own property that I didn't know I had. This is the first year it has bloomed in the five years I've lived here. I was thrilled. It was out of the way but the color popped out at me and I went to look and sure enough I had lilacs. Do you think I have too many acres? LOL!

Leave It To Davis said...

Love the flowers! I would say it's a large dog on the other side of the fence.

Brian King said...

Is that Chet? LOL! Beautiful flowers!

Lane Mathias said...

Well done for continuing to photograph under stink eye conditions.
Those colours are glorious.

Deborah Carr said...

Stink eye must be sore, or so the name suggests. Hope it's much better soon.

I love lilac and maples. Great pictures.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i bet those lilac smell delicious. you have me curious. ( :

Jan n Jer said...

Haha...Chet is wondering what the heck your doing! Nice shot!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful - I can almost smell them.

TexWisGirl said...

lilacs are beautiful!

genie said...

Beautiful shot of the lilacs...and what is behind the fence...we can all just let our imaginations so wild. Hope you have a nice weekend. genie

Anne Mackle said...

What's behind the fence looks a bit scary.Love the flowers.