About Me

My photo
Recent retiree--35 year's experience teaching reading, English, adult basic education and volunteer leadership skills. Started this blog to exchange ideas and commentary with friends and others having an interest in joining the discussions. Greatest life accomplishments include: 1.organized my 3rd grade class to check out library books for me to get around librarian's weekly limit--Amazon.com, the Mullins Elementary 3rd Grade Class of 1956 is still waiting for "thank you" notes; 2. volunteered in the Peace Corps, island of St. Kitts, West Indies; 3.taught adults to read, earn their GEDs., and speak English as a second language; 4. bought a border collie puppy for $6, got evicted rather than give him up, and began a life-long love affair with all things "Dog"; 5. joined a physical fitness boot camp in my mid-50s--don't mess with someone who's been doing regulation pushups in wet grass at 5:30 a.m.; 6. walked across Northern England with best friend Sally--over 80 miles from the Irish to North Seas; and 7. travelled to many foreign countries for pleasure and work.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Fences and a Spotted Pony



Yesterday I took a break from a very stressful week of care giving for a very high maintenance older sister--sound familiar?--and did a quick photo shoot at a local riding stable.  It was sunny and windy and the horses were enjoying the day too.  This spotted baby was my favorite.  Here at the fence flirting with the camera:


Just hanging over the fence chatting with me:


Fences, spring trees against a bright blue sky:


Linking to Friday Fences at Life According to Jan and Jer . Thanks to all of you who continue to visit Summit Musings and leave such nice comments even though I haven't returned the favor so much lately. I'll see you this weekend for sure!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture of a beautiful horse . What a beautiful day for a beautiful take. I enjoyed this.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

gorgeous horses. so cute. ( :

Jan n Jer said...

Love this last shot Faye...great perspective.

TexWisGirl said...

just beautiful!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Looks like a friendly pony!

Desert Fence

Lane Mathias said...

I love that third photo. She's a beauty. I can't go by a field of horses without stopping to pay my respects.

As for high maintenance family members? I hear ya.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Horses and fences - great combination.

Betsy said...

A sweet looking horse. Such a pretty clear day for picture taking
betsy

George said...

It looks as if the pony enjoyed his chat with you. I like all the green in your photos.

Brian King said...

What a beautiful horse! Love the markings!